Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nothing happens when I upload ringtones ...

Posted by Terry 
Terry
Nothing happens when I upload ringtones ...
October 08, 2006 03:25AM
I load a wav file. I click upload. Nothing happens. I tried a wallpaper, and a dialog popped-up saying it was sending and I got the wallpaper on my phone. I tried uploading a ringtone once more, and again, no dialog. No nothing.

Samsung A650. EMS capable.
daniel
Re: Nothing happens when I upload ringtones ...
October 19, 2006 10:03PM
The same thing happens for me. Nothing happens when I click upload. I clicked share just for the heck of it and my friend got it but the upload button didn't do a thing.
Samsung A670
Sapph
November 10, 2006 07:35AM
I'm having the same problem. I click "upload" and the little progress bar window pops up and saying, "Export audio ringtone. Please wait." I've been waiting 5 minutes or more.
surfur
November 21, 2006 04:22PM
yea same thing hapens to me i press it wait a few seconds and nothing hapens and nothing pops up on my phone pls help...
Were you folks able to reproduce it more then once maybe at different times in the day?

Can you folks email me offline raj at tonethis dot com with your phone # so I can look up your acct and see if we can find your problem.
Randall Brown
December 07, 2006 11:18AM
I get a video message with a file and when I save the sound it appears in "Tunes & Tones" menus as a sound file. But when I play it, it plays for about 1 second and there is no sound. I have tried redoing the process three times and get the same result each time.
Penny
December 13, 2006 01:06PM
Same problem as reported above. Yesterday I created three ringtones and sent them to my phone. Today I run the application and upload but the message is blank. I also get no ringtone generated locally.
Penny
December 13, 2006 01:22PM
Strange, just tried again and it works fine. I then tried the same song that didn't work and the ringtone is now generated but the message is blank when I receive it on my phone.
Penny
December 13, 2006 04:50PM
Ok when it fails, it seems that the message is received as a pix message. My carrier is Verizon. Is it possible that Verizon is messing up the transmission??
Penny
December 13, 2006 05:05PM
I tried sending the "pix message" that is really a sound to my email but it hasn't come thru yet. I also sent a wallpaper to my phone and that worked fine.
Penny
December 14, 2006 08:29AM
The "pix message" came thru my email as a .wav file that is not playable. If anyone is reading this board, is there a problem with the application translating the ringtone or is it a carrier problem?
Maybe no one is monitoring this board, since there are over 300 posts on the topic???
On Verizon, you receive a pix msg - what phone are you using? Are you unable to apply the sound attached to the pix msg as a ringtone?
I am also using Verizon and I just bought the LG Chocolate, the upload status bar pops up but just keeps going with no real progress.
I can crop the ringtone and it sends just fine but when i download the file it is smaller than what i cropped from the song. I do not understand why this is and I i was going to try and send it via bluetooth but no file is created.
Raj or ?,

The past 3 days ringtones are not being sent to my phone or any accounts set up on 3.0 Beta. I have tried mine and my wifes account and others on Verizon. Nothing is sent. I tested a text message from my wifes phone to mine and received it fine. Anything going on with your mail servers?

(This message also posted in Support forum)

Gino
Update everyone!

Reviewed issue with Verizon Technical Support.

1. Test PIX message was received successfully.
2. Initial review of 'apache@terazima.com' does not look to be blocked
3. Asked Verizon to open up a ticket to track this issue.

If anyone else is not receiving messages please provide your carrier and last time you received messages.

My carrier: Verizon
Last message received: 01/05/2007

I will continue to follow-up on this and hope you do as well.

Happy New Years!

(This message also posted in Support forum)
*** FINAL UPDATE **

Tone this now updates to Verizon AND most external emails are now fixed!!

Known issuessad smiley2)

AOL and Yahoo: both add text(small spam message) to the email
Comcast: Still does not work

Good luck everyone...

-Gino
Claudia
February 20, 2007 07:57PM
I tried to upload ringtones to my phone says page cannot be displayed, I have an Audiovox CMD 8920 with Telus Mobility.
Amanda
I press "upload" and nothing happens
May 27, 2007 03:30PM
I press the upload button. Sprint is my carrier, and I just bought the new UpStage..any advice?
XxTripleBeamxX
June 14, 2007 08:46PM
The only option that works for me is I am able to do wallpaper. Ringtone and video do not work. ToneThis crashes on both.
it doesnt want to connect to the internet.
We released a version of ToneThis (3.01) that fixed several of the internet connection issues in early July.

We are however, having some problems w/ Verizon where they are not delivering the MMS message - we are investigating w/ Verizon.
Nikki
September 02, 2007 12:32PM
I use a sprint SCP-3100. When everything works fine up until I try to upload a ringtone. It starts uploading and I think its going to work and then it stops at a point. I've been waiting for the past 15 mins and it hasn't moved from that point. This is the second time i've tried to upload. I shortened the length considerably (15 secs) and its still giving me the same problem..

HELP!

if you know whats wrong please feel free to email me!
Nikki
September 02, 2007 12:34PM
Ys, it seems as soon as it starts uploading to the server it stops dead and doesn't move. :-(

please help, I'd really like t make some use out of this app.
I hit the send to phone and NOTHING happens. It's like I never clicked it.
Mahi
September 11, 2007 06:21PM
Looks like i have the same problem as everyone else....when i click upload, absolutely nothing happens. I tried reinstalling tonethis and still the same thing. Previously i had no trouble uploading ringtones. It has been awhile since I last used tonethis, and now this problem occurs. What now?
liveloud
September 12, 2007 04:33PM
This is so dumb. I have the new Chocolate and use verizon. It worked a month ago, now nothing. Very frustrating. What do i do? It just sits there telling me that it is uploading. Lame.
brian
September 14, 2007 11:10PM
i am also having issues....when i hit the send to phone button NOTHING happens....is this a Vista thing???? never had issues with xp?? this is crap!!!
Chad
September 15, 2007 08:14AM
I am having the same issues, but it has been it and miss. I was able to upload ringtones fine the first day I used ToneThis without problems but since then I've tried several times everyday on mine and my girlfriend's phone (both are samsung SCH-u740) and might be lucky to get one to go through a day. Any advice?
Ashley
September 18, 2007 02:43PM
so is anyone going to tell us how to solve this problem or not?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject: